Ever wonder what to do with all of the lovely cards that you get for birthday’s or holidays?
The good news is that most are recyclable, minus those covered in glitter of course! But let’s go that little bit further for our planet and give these cards and underrated bits of mini-artwork a new lease of life!
Gift tags for next year
- Find cards with no writing on the underside of the image you would like to use.
- Use a viewfinder to choose images for your gift tags. You can print the examples below or create your own. Then cut it out to create a window through which you’ll see your gift tag.
- Once you are happy with what you see trace around the inside edge of the viewfinder.
- Now cut along the line to create your new gift tags.
Give cards a new life
You will need:
- Unwanted gift cards
- Card or thick paper
- Collect up your unwanted gift cards.
- Find some card or paper and fold it into a card.
- Cut out images, shapes or words you would like to use.
Top tip: moving pieces around on the page before gluing down can help with creating something new.
- When you are happy with your design, glue down the pieces.
- Use pens or pencils for any finishing touches.
- Your card is now ready to write and send on.
Passionate about our planet? Create your own World of Tomorrow with our artist inspired activity: World of Tomorrow